Thursday, November 20, 2008

Montañita

This place just keeps getting better and better. Everything just seems to be falling into place here in Montañita. The random event when Andrea sat next to the fisherman started it all off. Yesterday I started looking for places to camp and or really cheap hostals. I came across this apartment that two girls were renting from Guayaquil. Since I have been planning on camping I need a place where I can clean fish and cook my meals...there is not much firewood around here. I was able to make a deal with the girls on using their kitchen, and they will teach me to cook Ecuadorian style. This is also a great deal because I will learn lots of spanish with them. Today I found a nice hostal that is going to let me pitch my tent on their roof, and it happens to be right next the kitchen I will be using. I will be paying $2 a night which is going to be great for my budget. Another ironic and crazy turn of events happened to me today. Since the day I arrived here my spearfishing buddies have been overly generous to me letting me use wetsuits, kitchen facilities, and other stuff. I had worked out a deal where I would pay one of the guys to use his extra wetsuit, but we had not gone over the details. I wanted to buy my own because I could tell he would rather me have my own, but they are $300 or more. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what to do. This morning we were going fishing again, but for some reason or another I didn´t wake up. I am not sure why but I just sleep through. When I did get out of bed some of the other locals told me that Pedro (one of my fishing buddies) came looking for me because we were going to go up north to the really good fishing spot. We have been talking about this place for a week now and I really wanted to go. When he came to get me didn´t know that I had changed rooms, so he was not able to wake me up to go. When I found all this out I was so pissed at myself. I missed the first big trip!!! About an hour after finding all this had happened this morning I end up meeting an Australian guy who is headed home in a couple of days. He had been in Montañita surfing. I don´t even know how the subject came up but he was done with his wetsuit and gave it to me!!! I always say everything happens for a reason and it truly does.

No comments: