Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween in Ecuador

Andrea and I had an amazing time in Guayaquil for Halloween. We met up with a few people I met a couple of weeks ago through couch surfing. It was a birthday/Halloween party. They took us to a crazy club with an open bar which you can imagine was muy divertido. It was great partying with all the local Ecuadorians. Besides Andrea, another American and fellow couch surfer Jim, and myself there were no other gringos. It was difficult trying to practice our spanish with the loud music and clouded mind, but we had fantastic time. I even did some salsa(tried at least) I definitely would not have been doing that without the liquid courage lol.

It was a last minute decision go to so Andrea and I had no costumes and no ideas. We had a 9 hour bus ride the day of the party. We ended up getting our Costumes in the bus station when we arrived in Guayaquil. I was a vaqero (cowboy) and Andrea was a masked lady...lol we didn't have much to work with as you can imagine. We were lucky to have our friends show us around and take us out to the nice places around. It ended up being the most fun I have had in a while. Definitely an amazing experience.

No comments: