Monday, September 15, 2008

On to Lake Titicaca

The trip from Rurre back to La Paz was not real exciting. It was 22hrs and the day time driving was done through rather boring scenery. The night was freezing cold because my window would not shut properly and I had a cold breeze on me all night. I arrived in La Paz around 6 in the morning waited around for a couple of hours and caught the 3 hr bus to Copacabana on Lake Titicaca.

This little town had a great vibe. Very relaxed and chilled out. Lots of good places to have a cup of tea or grab a bite to eat. The prices were the best I had seen in a long time which always makes me happy. There were little treks you could do around town which was nice so I could get in shape for my Machu Picchu trek (tomorrow..I hope the altitude doesn't get the best of me!!!). Of course Lake Titicaca is extremely beautiful and massive. Most my time here was spent relaxing and reading. (Yeah I read a lot now...kind of weird). I did day trip to Isla de Sol where ironically enough I got really sun burned. My friend that I was traveling with at the time came and got me about 5 min before we had to go. I didn´t know where we were going, so I didn`t have a hat or sunscreen (I am still peeling 9days later). Isla de Sol was amazing though. Some of the views were spectacular. I decided to skip Puno and Aeroquipa and stay an extra couple of days in Copacabana. I had been on too many buses and just wanted to relax. After about 5 days there I hopped on the bus to Cuzco.

No comments: